Tuesday, July 22, 2008

lunch break laughage

i just finished reading tons of reccommendation letters for international students; here's a brief excerpt from one of my favorites. I tell you this now (at the noon hour) because all of the best stories are told over soup and salad.

"What first attracted me to my student, Tanika*, was her grotesque curly top and her man style of dress. I feel despite her undesirable hair and mannish apperance, you will enjoy her strong personality."

I also got an email from one of our propsective students saying "While the committee is deciding who they will and will not admit, I thought it may be important to inform them that I'm not a nerd, nor am I a lesbian. I hope this makes me a more favorable candidate. Sincerely, Chelsea*"

*Names changed to protect the innocent

No comments: