Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

I'm not sure that I've ever done so much while accomplishing so little. We've been moving and cleaning all day, but my room still looks like a storage unit and the staircase I spent 1.5 hours vacuuming is still grody by most people's standards. But I have to be up in 7.5 hours for class, so don't expect me to get anything else accomplished.

I hung out with Emily and Lady Chambers tonight, and had myself a bit of a blasty-blast. "Made of Honor" was very run-of-the mill but offered some sexcellent Dempsey diversion and general life-affirming comfort. Then the lasses and I swapped awful roommate experiences, shared horror stories about puberty, and dissected the on-screen boyfriends of Anne Hathaway. A good night, I must say.

General concern: Malnourishment. I'm confident I consumed no more than 1,000 calories today. I refuse to buy any food, I will not eat junk food, and I haven't had time or a clean enough kitchen to cook. The only solution is moderate starvation, apparently. Right now I'm running off coffee; tomorrow (once I'm done with 5 hours of class, 4 hours of work, and 4 hours of reading) I'll console myself with some Pink Fox.

I feel like I'm living someone else's life while at this loft. I forget about my life back ,and my life in the dorms (2 days freshly buried) doesn't seem real. I even forget that Austin, Justin, and I have a history- we seem to be new friends, liking each other greatly but still getting acquainted. I hope that as the loft becomes real, so will my past, and so will I.

I'm going to tackle my bookshelf tonight, my fridge tomorrow, a closet on Tuesday, and adorning my walls on Wednesday. Wish me luck, lovelies!

1 comment:

Austin Underhill said...

Not only is our kitchen dirty but our stove provides the threat of death. Beware.